Subscribe:

Monday, April 16, 2012

Art that Arrests your Heart

I have been so busy living that all I've been passionate about in the last 2 weeks has been poetry, my poetry. Anyway, it's nice to be back feeding off art, photography and fashion again. Today I'll start with another amazing piece from one of Ghana's number one photographers: Nana Kofi Acquah. This is the second time I'm writing about his work here on What's Hot! The first time was in September 2009, when I introduced his work: Nana Kofi's Photography. Since then Nana has become an international master piece when it comes to photography of Ghana and Africa. Below are a few shots from his casual stroll through the Chale Wote Street Art Festival which took place in Ghana over the weekend`.




For more colour and vibrancy from Nana's photography. Visit his blog at:
http://africaphotographer.blogspot.com/2012/04/mj-generik-vapeur-kwame-nkrumah-rock.html

The next person I want to talk about is Australian street artist: Meggs. I love street art and I love Megg's amazing works featured below. 

Phoenix mural done in collaboration with Xeme & Sinic, Hong Kong
And still on street artists I'd like to introduce a good friend I made in my first weeks in Phnom Penh: Sebastian, a street artist from France with a very unique style in street art and an eye for great colour. Enjoy and do visit his page on facebook: Sautel Cago!





Speaking of colour, finally, below is something phenomenal that I picked from the My Modern Metropolis website: a lovely rainbow-burst of colour captured from this year's Holi Festival in front of the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork, Utah. The gif below was cut from a video shot by filmmaker Devin Graham and his friends.


2 comments:

Luis Gabriel... said...

I just loved all the photos..

Akua said...

on behalf of the artists many thanks Luis!

Gallery

Copyright

All materials on What's Hot! are fully copyrighted to Akua Mercy, (pictures used are copyrighted to their original owners and linked back to them where possible). If you would like to use any of the posted materials in their original form, seek the written permission of Akua at mafila88@gmail.com.